Arrival & Dismissal Times and Procedures
At Deerfield, students can begin entering the building at 8:58 a.m. and are expected to be in class at 9:08 a.m. Dismissal is at 4 p.m.
Students either ride the bus, get dropped-off or picked-up by a parent or guardian or use before or after-school CARE. Please read the relevant information expectations depending on your student's category.
- The bus loop is in the front side of the building.
- Students riding the bus will be dropped off in the bus loop and will be allowed off the bus just before 9 a.m.
- Parents or guardians will receive School Messenger updates in the event of late busses.
- At dismissal, students exit by bus letter and are led to the bus by staff and 4th grade student safeties.
- If you need additional information, please contact our Transportation Department at 248-449-1245.
The drop-off/ pick-up zone is the front of the building. Mr. Taylor and Mrs. Bedford are outside to assist with parent dropoff. If in the dropoff line, we ask that all parents stay in their car and that students exit on the sidewalk side only.
Pull forward all the way: Stay single file and in the right lane. You may need to pull beyond the front door. Drop-off can occur anywhere there is a sidewalk which may be before or after the front door. Please be sure students exit and enter the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Be Alert: Be ready, and have the kids ready to exit the vehicle with their backpacks, etc... Please save texts and phone calls until after drop-off or pick-up!
- Walk: Kids need to walk on the sidewalk and not in the parking lot.
- Safety first: It takes teamwork to make the dream work! At arrival, students can enter the building at 8:58 a.m. At dismissal, students should stand at the designated area and wait for the staff member to send them to their family's car when it is safe.
CARE is located in our building's cateferia. Parents can access this before and after school at the side door of the building at door five (receiving). CARE services are provided by our Community Education Department. Students can be dropped-off as early as 6:30 a.m. and must be picked-up by 6:00 p.m. For more information please call 248-675-3400.