Arrival & Dismissal Times and Procedures
All students enter through the school’s front doors.
Parents, please do not walk students to the front entrance. Children who are walking or biking say goodbye to their parents at these designated spots:
- Wixom Rd.
- Novi Middle School sidewalk (11 Mile Road walkers)
- Path behind the school playground
Please remind your children of social distancing and to be patient while waiting to enter school.
At Deerfield, students can begin entering the building at 8:50 a.m. and are expected to be in class at 9:00 a.m. We will begin to dismiss walkers at 3:47 p.m and others at 3:52 p.m.
Students either ride the bus, get dropped-off or picked-up by a parent or guardian or use before or after-school CARE. Please read the relevant information expectations depending on your student's category.
Students walking or biking will be dismissed in three groups: Wixom Road, Eleven Mile and Stonebrook.
The bus loop is in the front side of the building.
Students riding the bus will be dropped off in the bus loop and will be allowed off the bus just before 9 a.m.
- Parents or guardians will receive School Messenger updates in the event of late busses.
- At dismissal, students exit by bus letter and are led to the bus by staff and 4th grade student safeties.
- If you need additional information, please contact our Transportation Department at 248-449-1245.
Students getting picked up by car will be dismissed by car number.
- The person picking up a student(s) will need to make a large number sign to keep in the front windshield of their car. Your child’s teacher will email you this number prior to the first day of school.
- Car riders will be dismissed by classroom teachers as car numbers are called.
Parents will not be allowed to walk up to the building during arrival or dismissal.
Students will either meet you in your car in the dismissal line or at one of the meeting spots.
Please be patient with us as we work through these new procedures. Safety is our top priority.
The drop-off/ pick-up zone is the loop by the flagpole. Dr. Bedford and Deerfield staff are outside to assist with parent dropoff. If in the dropoff line, we ask that all parents stay in their car and that students exit on the sidewalk side only.
Pull forward all the way: Stay single file and in the right lane. You may need to pull beyond the front door. Drop-off can occur anywhere there is a sidewalk which may be before or after the front door. Please be sure students exit and enter the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Be Alert: Be ready, and have the kids ready to exit the vehicle with their backpacks, etc... Please save texts and phone calls until after drop-off or pick-up!
- Walk: Kids need to walk on the sidewalk and not in the parking lot.
- Safety first: It takes teamwork to make the dream work! At arrival, students can enter the building at 8:58 a.m. At dismissal, students should stand at the designated area and wait for the staff member to send them to their family's car when it is safe.
CARE is located in our building's cafeteria. Parents can access this before and after school at the side door of the building at door five (receiving). CARE services are provided by our Community Education Department. Students can be dropped-off as early as 6:30 a.m. and must be picked-up by 6:00 p.m. For more information please call 248-675-3400.